The use of Vinyl or PVC material in bathrooms has become inevitable in the global market, considering its merits which include durability, water resistance and beauty. Besides, installing a vinyl floor in a small shower room only takes few hours, but you must have all the needed tools, the installation instructions are followed.
Required technologies and materials
You don't need to be a professional to install PVC in your shower stall, check more information via this link. You can single-handedly install a 3 by 3 square meter room in a couple of hours using a cutting device, flat knife and scraping tools. Note: It is recommended to choose non-slip PVC and handle incisions properly to perfect your job. It is of utmost importance to measure your floor before making your PVC purchase. So you can choose a wider vinyl shower roll. In the end, you don't have to stack more vinyl sheets together, which makes the task easier. Finally, trim the edges to 10-12 cm as margins.
Then prepare your shower floor for covering, this brings out the quality of your shower floor and makes your success obvious. Also, the surface must be flat, dry, and free of dirt. PVC rolls are distinguished by their flexibility and low thickness so be careful in handling them, as any malfunction or maladjustment of the base support can be glaringly seen on the room floor.
How to Install Vinyl floor
* Having prepared the support, cover the shower floor with vinyl roll sand let them spill over at various contact points with the wall.
* Fold the edges more than 5 cm and mark them with a ruler.
* Cut the PVC along the fold line and along the trough so that the overflow height will be 5 cm.
* Remove the lid and apply double-sided tape from the inside and around the edges.
* Fold the blanket and use a flat knife to deflate and straighten the vinyl floor.